Sunday, November 3, 2013

Tips on when to tip

10 people you aren’t tipping enough.. Hmm.. this actually sounds like an interesting article.

Makes me wonder what people are not getting tipped. Recently, I have started my working experience in the restaurant business and I feel that sometimes people don’t tip us, and usually it happens to be the people who were the most difficult and frankly, the people who were actually not very nice to begin with.

This article explains how much percent of your bill you are expected to tip for certain services. I find this very intriguing. Good job news outlets!

This article can be found here:


 According to the article, people are often wrong when guessing how much to tip people for their services.

The part of the article that got me however, was the part where it states that only thirty-eight percent of Americans feel obligated to tip someone who delivers something to them. I think this is wrong.

People need to think about things from the other person’s perspective more. Think of it this way…

You are a delivery man moving a couch into someone’s home. You get paid less than you should but you work hard without complaining. The house you deliver it to has some difficulties with getting it into the door, so you problem solve because this is your job and you and your co-worker get the couch through their garage door verses their front door. This works out for you but it also took up more time and more heavy lifting for you because you couldn’t use your machine to help you. Then the people you are delivering to, don’t tip you.

How would that make you feel? Not very good is my guess. I know I wouldn’t like it if someone didn’t tip me when I’m serving them. People need to have more courtesy in this world. You obviously have some money, just a few dollars, to spare if you are buying new furniture so pay the poor man who is slaving away to help you!

According to the article you owe that man five or ten dollars. So think about you just shorted him money to buy his lunch. Good job.

This is not unreasonable at all. People who provide a service should be tipped that’s just how it works. So think about this next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment