Sunday, April 27, 2014

"Up" inspired home

Watching movies and TV shows, is just part of our American Culture these days. Have you ever seen something in a movie and said to yourself, “wow I want to do that?” I know I have a million times. Whether it’s playing a prank on someone, pulling off a stunt, or just simply changing yourself or something you own to look a movie, many people have had these thoughts. This is how our culture is influenced. We are influenced through things we see in movies that we want to make our reality.

Hosam Haggog and Fatima Rahman have done this as well. They have spent two years renovating their house to look like the house from the animated Disney Pixar movie, “Up.” I find this absolutely wonderful because I myself have a special appreciation for all things Disney, not to mention all things Pixar.

Their home is located in Santa Clara, California on Harrison Street. Although, I, myself, think this is an absolutely wonderful idea. Hosam Haggog and Fatima Rahman’s neighbors do not agree.

Harrison Street is the oldest street in Santa Clara with homes more than 100 years old. Many residents take pride in preserving the original look and style of their Victorians.

The above quote is from the following article that can be found at think link:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/neighborhood-arms-over-movie-inspired-home-n90971

Many neighbors argued they were making the “house look like a clown”. I think this is an overreaction. Hosam Haggog and Fatima Rahman own this house. I don't think their neighbors should be angry. It is their home they should be able to do with it as they please.

In my opinion, if they are this passionate about this movie, they should express this.

I think what we can all take away from this, is that if you see something in a movie or on a TV show, that you want to do, then go for it and don’t hesitate because of what others think. Anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment