Saturday, January 11, 2014

Is technology out of hand?

Recently there has been a lot of buzz in the news about the stock markets over social media. Twitter stocks are rising. I actually find this quite hilarious considering 10 years ago no one would have ever thought there would be stock in a social media website.

I think it’s very interesting how the world is evolving today. Everything is centered on social media and technology these days. Is this good or bad? What do you think?

I think it’s interesting how people from an older generation see it verses how people from my generation see it. Me, being a teenager, I think technology is a good thing.

And yes at times I am often addicted to my phone screen looking at twitter or texting my friends back. However, I do think its crazy how fast technology is advancing these days. I, also think it’s very interesting how technology is effecting world issues these days too.

Do you think our grandparents ever would’ve thought of putting stock into an app where people can “tweet” on “Twitter”? It’s almost ridiculous (though I am a Twitter user) that people have to post something to tell others their thoughts or what they are doing. I mean I guess that’s what this blog is too. So isn’t this kind of ridiculous as well?

I am a fan of technology however, I don’t know if I like the direction the world is heading in with all these social media apps and websites and all these ways to communicate with people 24/7. Do we ever get a break from it?

Even the President of the United States, Barack Obama took a “selfie” to post on social media during a celebration of the life of Nelson Mandela. Even our highest government official is letting social media be a part of his life.

Is this really necessary?

I want to know what you think.

Is technology out of hand? I do think it is. I want to argue with people about this but then I feel like I am a hypocrite because I enjoy my technology. I wish everyone in this world knew how to balance their time with technology. But to be honest, it overtakes our lives these days. I wish we all could figure out a balance.

So I encourage you and persuade you to put the phone down and talk face to face and to not get so absorbed by your technology devices. It's a challenge trust me but in the end you will be happy you did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment