Saturday, February 8, 2014

Stress

Currently at school, registration for classes is just around the corner. Being in high school is stressful at times. You are always trying to figure out what to do next in life, for example, where you want to go to college, where you want to live, what you want to be, what job you want, what you want in your family, it’s pretty stressful to get to that next step in your life.
Right now being a junior in high school is quite stressful trying to figure out what things and classes I want to be a part of next year as my last year in high school. So many thoughts about what will prepare me for what I want to be and where I want to go for college. It gets pretty stressful.

With all this preparation and stress, how are you supposed to enjoy the “best four years of your life”? This is the question I want answers to. I want answers now. I wish life was just planned out for me so I would know if it was smart for me to pick to do this certain career path. It’s hard.

I know some people, including myself at times, that don’t know how to handle stress. So how are kids supposed to enjoy this time of high school and new beginnings with all this stress? What do kids do that don’t know how to deal with it?

I wish you could have a crystal ball and look into your future and see if that is the best fit for you.

All of this takes so much hard work and I think that’s why sometimes kids just don’t try in high school and give up on trying to be the best they can be in life.

There has to be an easier way for these people to carry on getting good grades, enjoying their activities and hanging out with friends. How come it is so hard to balance it all? Is this the part that prepares us for life?

I want answers. I want to know what’s the best for me. I want to know what’s the best college for me, the best career path, the best people to be around, the best way to study. Why aren’t these answers that just come to you?

Why do they have to be so hard to figure out?

I’m just ready for that next step once I get all these answers and I imagine many other students are with me on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment