Sunday, October 13, 2013

Especially for You

In Cedar Rapids, Iowa today, Sunday, October 13, 2013 15,000 people got up early, put their walking shoes on, and walked to support breast cancer.

The Especially for You Race, has become a place where breast cancer survivors can show how they beat the odds along with their family and friends.

This event has been going on for twenty three years now and has just kept on growing.

Many business’ and organizations around Cedar Rapids, create teams to walk together in the race. Many people also create teams in honor of their friends or family that have had breast cancer.

You see a lot of people walking with shirts that say, “I’m walking in memory of my mom” or things like that. But there are also many people who are survivors that wear pink bandanas and walk the race to celebrate once again that they beat cancer.

This is a great event, and 15,000 people, that is truly amazing.

I am proud to say that I was one of those 15,000. I ran the race in support of my grandma who has been cancer free for thirteen years. She was a fighter, now she’s a survivor. I am honored that I have gotten to do the race for her for so many years for her. I love my grandma.

This races raises money and awareness to breast cancer research. I think it’s great that 15,000 people are willing to support this cause.

Too many people are suffering, along with their family and friends. I hope I helped by donating money to find a cure for this awful disease.

I pray for those going through treatment, and those who have lost a family member or friend to breast cancer.

Hopefully, a cure will be found soon and hopefully Cedar Rapids helped to make this happen.


Thank you to everyone who volunteered their time and money this morning, to be in the Especially for You Race.

I thank you on behalf of my grandma, a strong, confident women, who has been cancer free for 13 years now and still going strong. I love you grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment