Sunday, October 6, 2013

Government Shutdown, why?


So the United States government has been shut down for six days now... What’s up with that? This is ridiculous. I don’t understand why we can’t agree on something. If you want to know more about the government shutdown you can refer to my previous blog.

That blog can be found here:


Anyways, back to the government shutdown, why, why, why has their not been a resolution made?

Due to this government shut down, all the national parks have been closed. However, some people still are going into them. There is a short write up on msn.com regarding this subject.

This can be found here:


It’s crazy to me that people on vacation cant enjoy the beautiful national parks the United States has to offer. If I was one of those vacationers I would be upset too. Honestly, I probably would move aside traffic cones, and other things to see the beautiful sites of our national parks here in the United States.

Another funny way that people are reacting to the government shutdown, was shown on Saturday Night Live this week, well yesterday, with Miley Cyrus.

Miley Cyrus has been in the media a lot recently, with her new look, new behavior, and some rather inappropriate choices she made while changing her image. A blog I wrote about Miley can be found here:


Miley was featured on Saturday Night Live, and made jokes at herself about the ‘twerking’ scandal on the VMAs and as well about the government shutdown. I loved watching this SNL episode.

Miley came out with a song called “We Can’t Stop” and her along with the SNL cast made a spoofed version of that making fun of the government shutdown. This spoof was called “We Did Stop”. I enjoyed watching them make fun of the government, because they need to get it together.

I think people all over the United States are fed up with this shutdown, exhibit A being the national park goers, and B being the SNL spoofs. I think its funny that people are just making fun of this situation.

The last time the government shutdown in 1996 it cost us 2 billion dollars. That is ridiculous.

We are already in debt, why make it worse?

No comments:

Post a Comment