Sunday, October 13, 2013

Madeleine McCann

Three year old, Madeleine McCann went missing from her parent’s vacation home in 2007. The vacation home is located in Algarve, Portugal. This home is located the Praia da Luz resort.

I can’t even begin to imagine being on vacation, and to have your three year old vanish. It’s even crazier to me that she has been missing since 2007 and their have been no answers until now.

British police released descriptions and images on Monday of a man they seek in connection with the case.

The Portugal police closed the case in 2008. However, Madeleine’s parents along with British officials with the Metropolitan police have still been working on the case.

I understand that this case would after a while take less priority; however I am shocked to hear they closed the investigation within a year later. This is a three year old we are talking about. More than likely she was abducted. Whoever took her, if that is the case, needs to be punished. That is sick.

These were the images released this week, six years after Madeleine went missing.
 

Images provided by:

According to the above article, these images were brought up through two eye witnesses who were near the family’s cabin on the night she went missing.

Even through the horror of their daughter gone for six years now, the family is still hopeful that she is alive, due to the fact that their has been no evidence that she is not.

Even though the family is hopeful, some accuse the parents due to the fact that they left her in their vacation home asleep while they went out to dinner.

If I was them, I would feel really guilty. The article does not state if she was in the care of another adult but my interpretation is that she was left alone.

I’m just a teenager but in my opinion that is bad parenting. Yes they were just down the street but what if now their daughter is being abused by her alleged abductor all because her parents decided to attend dinner with their friends one night on vacation? If I was her mom or dad I would be sick. I would not be able to make it through the day.

Hopefully, with this new evidence, Madeleine is found and returned to normal life. I pray for her that she is okay. I hope you will all say a prayer for her tonight too.

No comments:

Post a Comment