Sunday, October 27, 2013

Relationships ended



 

So McDonald's ended its partnership with Heinz Ketchup.

 

This is a relationship between two major manufacturing companies in the United States that has ended.

 

 But.. Is it..

 

Newsworthy?

 

 In some ways, yes, in others no.

 

This point refers back to my last blog, which was a rant on why I think today’s news is turning to mush.

 

This blog can be found here:

 

http://lydiasblog0703.blogspot.com/2013/10/come-on-people.html

 

At least this is interesting.

 

McDonald's ended their 40 year long relationship with Heinz. This was due to the fact that Heinz Ketchup has a new CEO who is Burger King's former CEO.

 

Burger King is considered McDonald's biggest competition so McDonald's decided to back out of the partnership.

 

This brings a lot of questions to my mind. Like who is going to vend ketchup to McDonald's now?

 

I wonder.

 

Again though, like I said in my last blog there are still things more important than this that should be in the news.

 

This is important, however because many people in the United States use these products daily but this isn't our biggest issue.

 

This article on the relationships end can be found here:

 


 

I think it will be interesting to see where things go from here with McDonald’s considering that relationship lasted forty years. I bet some customers are unhappy about this change.

 

This kind of change could start a lot of things for the company of McDonald’s, like what if people stop eating there because of this and go to Burger King instead?

 

Hmmm… I wonder.

 

However this issue doesn’t affect the United States as much as I originally analyzed it to.

 

Sad the relationship ended? It probably doesn’t even effect you…

 

The McDonald’s in the United States only use Heinz in McDonald’s located in Pittsburg and Minneapolis restaurants. The impact of the change may be greater overseas.

 

So this again brings the question is it that newsworthy? If only two cities in the United States are affected?

 

I personally, if I lived in those cities, would not notice the change.

 

I would classify this story as important with a side of newsworthiness, but not to major on the scale of important-ness but hey we’re making progress. Good job news outlets.

 

This is a great example of a newsworthy piece that has not been over exaggerated. It was not majorly covered but it was covered just enough that people were informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment